Friday, July 4, 2008

Pain

"Not hardship, nor hunger, no pain or depth of sorrow
Not weakness, nor failure, no broken dream or promise
Nothing can take me from Your great love
Forever this truth remains"

- Kathryn Scott

This is my song.

They say that pain makes the best art. Unfortunetly for humankind, I think this to be truth. A part of me is glad about that. Because some of the art I see takes my breath away. As does most of the pain I experience. It is also extremely sad. I often wonder and question why must we go through such crud to reach brilliance? Any thoughts?


I was given the entire interview with Joseph Campbell on "The Power of Myth". I will watch it and report.

Song of the Day:
Last Dance with Mary Jane by Tom Petty

II


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pain is a reflection of lessons learned.
Pain teaches us to change our path and learn how to meet our needs in a positive, proactive way.
Joy, too, is a reflection of lessons learned.
Learn from the pain - release it once the lesson is learned.
SLS