Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My mind is still reeling from the experience I had this weekend.
I met with God. He showed me his goodness. He is good. Why is that a lesson I keep having to learn over and over again?
Too many times we look for justification as an outcome of a tragic event or happening. We think that God now has to justify what He has done. Or maybe what we have done.
But that is not his purpose. He doesn't want to justify anything. He wants to redeem. He wants to redeem our situations, our mistakes, our choices.
He has nothing but love for me and wants nothing but joy for me.

What most spoke to me this weekend is the fact and truth that love is sacrifice. If ever you love someone, you WILL sacrifice. In any relationship. There is the saying that Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. The ultimate act of love in other words. Those two go hand in hand and I keep finding that as soon as I am willing, key word: willing, to sacrifice the walls come down and God is let in and it is no longer me but Christ through me.

Our director for the show I am in this fall said in the middle of the summer that the closer we grow to God, the better our show will be (we are writing it). I firmly believe this and especially in my singleness I am able to begin, if only even a little bit, a God who loves me without limitations, without boundaries, and without restriction.

Song of the Day:
Prescilla by Bat for Lashes

1 comment:

Ky said...

I like what you just had to say,
And J'adore your song of the day.