Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Saskatchewan

You may be asking yourself where I have been for the last week. Well wonder no longer. I went to Saskatchewan for my grandparent's 50th anniversary and my cousin's wedding all in the same weekend. So my sincerest apologies for not posting.

I would have to say that this last weekend was the highlight of my summer. It was the one time where I could take off my adult face and just be a kid again. I climbed, swam, ran, played, hugged, and frolicked to my heart's content. And now my heart is full. All of my extended family stayed in this huge beautiful lodge at a retreat centre for the weekend. There were zip lines, climbing walls, tubing down rivers, mud pits, beach volleyball, and thunder storms. There's nothing like a prairie thunderstorm. I have missed seeing the entire sky light up and hearing thunder that leaves your ears ringing.

To those of you who have prayed for my family, thank you. God is bringing healing to my family (extended especially) and I got to see that this weekend. I am learning to love where I have come from and my heritage. I am proud to be Mennonite. Proud to have a German backround. And I am proud of every single one of my family members.
It was a life changing weekend for me.

Song of the Day:
Something Beautiful by Newsboys

2 comments:

Jane said...

Heck yeah. Be proud of your Mennoniteness and german blood. Mennonites ROCK. (Says the woman who has Omelaniec for a last name.)
:)

Karyn said...

And like a good Mennonite girl I found a connection with the person sitting beside me on my flight. He knew my parents...