Friday, July 11, 2008

Scribble Scrabble

I really have nothing intelligent to say in this post. I don't even know why i'm posting actually.

I've been working a lot lately. And by a lot I mean a ridiculous amount. So obviously I get to know people I work with very well. It never fails to surprise me how young they are, and yet how not innocent they are. All childhood innocence, completely gone. These kids, and that's what they are, have done and tried more things than I care to ever do. And I surprise them. They think it's weird that I've never done drugs. Or had sex. It's new and foreign to them. Ha, i'm interrogated many times a week.

Being a part of these kids lives makes me realize how lucky I am. I look at the opportunities i've had and I realize most people my age have not done half the things I have. I ran into someone at Trinity the other day who has known me for a good nine or ten years of my life, a good friend of the family. He works at Trinity and we were talking about my summer and school and eventually life plans and he looks at me and says, "You know, you've lived a charmed life. Don't you realize that"? And until he said that, I really don't think I did. I have lived a life that some people only dream of. And I'm only nineteen. First thought that comes to mind is that I don't deserve any of the experiences that i've had. But then there's that Relient K song, with that line, "The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair". I couldn't have said it better myself. It is not a matter of deserving. It's a matter of circumstance, which I can only be thankful for. And also a matter of God. I can look back through my writing and see where He's taken me. And guided me. And where i've trusted Him. I am so so so thankful that I will never have to deal with the things my work friends are dealing with now. And they are younger than me. My heart hurts for them.

Oh I remembered why I was going to post. Now I almost don't even want to give this secret away it's so precious to me. Sigh, but i'll tell you, because I would love for you to enjoy it as well. Word has it that VSO (Vancouver Symphony Orchestra) is playing this Sunday at 7pm at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby FOR FREE. The VSO and I have a long running history of performing (ask me about it sometime...) and so I am jumping at the opportunity to at least hear them again. Join me if you would like. It will be lovely i'm sure.

Song of the Day:
You Wreck Me by Tom Petty

No comments: