Tuesday, July 15, 2008

EXcellent

You know those times.
When you're dressed in your favourite clothes.
They fit you just right.
You've actually taken time to do your hair for once.
You're make up is done just right. Not too crazy but not too natural either.
You are wearing your favourite shoes.
The ones that you've worn so much you feel like you are going barefoot.
Lets not lie, you think your looking pretty gooood.

And you think,
"Now this is the moment where I should run into my ex"

But it never happens that way does it.
You see them when you're driving home
after working 8 hours
sweaty and gross
looking like shit.
Yes, that's when you see them.

...who takes time to do their hair anyway these days.

I started watching The Power of Myth today. Campbell talks about the center belief that ties every myth together. And that is the idea of a hero or heroine. A hero goes through some sort of change or higher understand and then gives of themselves for a greater cause. He claims that every human being can be considered a hero because everyone has gone through a birth. A time where they are in one state, they go through a change (take a passage) and become something different, something stronger, something better. That's as far as I got. Although I was thinking about it later in the day and I realized that I'm a huge believer in the everyday hero. Man, I have met some amazing people suffering for the sake of so many others. Makes my problems seem small and trivial.

I talked to a friend tonight who spoke brutally honest words to me. I don't think he will ever know how right he was. You know there are some people you can just pick up where you left off. Yeah, it was good like that.
I bought his cd. You should too. It's quite good.

Song of the Day:
Georgia by Ray Charles (best to listen to while driving and watching the sun set)

No comments: