Thursday, June 26, 2008

Books, Plays, Music

For some reason I have been having problems sleeping. I dread going to bed now because I know i'll end up lying there for hours with nothing to do and so my mind wanders to weird thoughts and strange memories. I don't like it very much. My new plan is to stay up as late as necessary so I will fall asleep naturally because I will be so tired.

I saw Proof tonight. It was decent enough. Having been produced by someone who was just last year graduating from Trinity, it was well done. It is strange seeing someone have a completely different take on a character you have played before. I see Catharine totally different than Becky does, although I wish I could have seen more from her tonight. She has the potential to do better work I think. Sound was horrible. Lighting was excellent (Lois is fantastic). I think both main characters could have worked harder for what they were fighting for. I wanted to see more. I hate leaving theatre like that. All in all an alright show. I would recommend it. It only runs the rest of the week.

I read this tonight.
I wept for a long time.

Song of the Day:
Andvari by Sigur Ros

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this coming fall, dude who wrote this is commin to northview.

-clint

Anonymous said...

What is your take on Catherine?

Karyn said...

I always thought catherine to have more attitude and sarcasm. I wanted to see bitterness affect her more. Catharine seems to have a standoff-ish sort of attitude. At least that's what I picture in my head. Very headstrong but slowly grief starts to dissolve it.