Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Weeeell...

I imagine it's about that time.
That time where I post.
About intelligent things.

First I need to tell you, the internet world, about my once in a lifetime airport experience.
I think everyone at some point in their lives needs to have a moment like I did on Saturday.
There was so much anticipation and excitement leading up to the moment when my friend walked through the gates and down the hallway that all Mel and I could do was scream and run. Of course I was the one with tears running down my face as well. And everyone in the International Arrivals staring at us.
It was quite the reunion.

Since then i've been spending every spare minute I have at Trinity, awaiting the beginning of my ever hectic year.
Goodie.
My life has begun to slow. I call it the calm before the storm.

I thought today about play. Everyone needs to play. Some more than others. Some it seems that it's all they do. But to some extent YOU need to play to survive.
So go play.
Do what you want to do for maybe, I don't know, half an hour even.
Something that makes your soul happy and makes you smile inside.

One thing I love: driving by bread factories and smelling fresh bread
Song of the Day:
St. Augustine by Band of Horses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karyn,

The reader board I saw the other day said "Play is the potential for joy." SLS