Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Let me not outlive my capacity to love"

One of my favourite things to do this summer is cook with my roomate. Surprisingly we don't see each other very often but when we do, we usually end up cooking.
Tonight we made alfredo pasta with fried shrimp and, of course, a bottle of wine. Our attempt at class. It was delightful. In fact, this entire evening was delightful.

After dinner I went with my mother and her friend downtown. We made a quick stop at Cafe Crepe before going to see Metamorphoses, the show running right now at Pacific Theatre. The show runs until Saturday.

The cast is mostly made up of graduates from the William Davis Centre for Actors' Study. I have to admit I had a hard time getting into the stories at first but in my opinion the show and the acting got better as the evening progressed. The show was a compilation of stories, myths. A cleverly well written script combined with a more than brilliant set made this show engaging from beginning to end, although moreso nearing the end. This is definitely a show I would recommend seeing for the simple reason of storytelling. I wish I would have seen the actors use movement more to their advantage. There's so much more I thought they could do with what they were given. I wanted to see them play more. Nevertheless it is still a show worth seeing.
A little warning, this show has full nudity so probably not a show to take younger versions of us to.

One thing I love: Sam.
Song of the Day:
State of Emergency by Bjork

No comments: