Thursday, October 2, 2008

A nice day in the woods

I'm certain that the events of yesterday will forever go down in my mind as one of the best rehearsals I have ever been to.
Well at least the most eventful.

It started just as most of our rehearsals start. Everyone frenzied and focused on settling down. Each of us cast members has an opportunity to lead a rehearsal and the girl leading yesterday decided it would be a grand idea to take us to a forest like place just off of campus.
So off we trouped, drove actually, and ended up in this beautiful, enchanted place. You could almost touch the peaceful atmosphere. The trees were far enough apart that light shone through in all the right places.
The ultimate place to have a mythical rehearsal.
We started to explore.
And when I say explore I mean get into character, relate to one another, relate to the nature around us.
Oh maybe I should mention the fact that we were all dressed in characters. So the only male in the cast had dirt all over his face and ripped clothing. I had leaves and flowers in my hair and there were three greek goddesses among us as well.
This must have been quite the sight and sound, as we were yelling and crying as well, to the neighboring people because a couple dropped in on us to tell us that someone had called the cops.
Apparently there were concerns that people were being raped and pillaged and those people were us. And sure enough as soon as we finished talking to them we heard the sirens.

As we were frantically gathering up our things the cops drove up and came to investigate.
Our director talked them out of thinking we were all mad, which i'm not quite sure that we're not, and off we went on our merry way.

I'm leading rehearsal next week.

I can't top that.

One Thing I Love: community. We couldn't exist without it
Song of the Day:
Kids with Guns by Gorillaz

2 comments:

erin.germaine said...

i can try to get the CIA involved on your rehearsal if you want. ;)

Karyn said...

Perfect. That's just what I need.