Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Air of Finality

Due to an assignment, I find myself reading my first and last journals of my university experience.  I am to write my personal artistic mandate.

This is a fantastic exercise, one that I have already thanked my professor profusely for assigning, and one that I think every artist, nay, every person should take the time to do.

Of the first show I was cast in, I wrote, "Myth will change my life. I know it."

I had absolutely no idea how true those words would be.

So many words I wrote in my first and second year have ended up as prophesies over my life.  How powerful it can be when we write in the name of a calling or a gift.

This time next week I will be the proud owner of the esteemed title: BFA in Acting.

Just pray I don't trip on the way to receiving it.

1 comment:

SHARKy said...

good luck Karyn >>>> wish you the best