Saturday, May 31, 2008

Crazy little thing called love

This week was one of THOSE weeks.
Granted, there was a fair amount of good in it as well.
I just felt so discontent and anxious.
I went for lunch with a teacher from high school the other day and we were talking about needs. Every single person has people they need to see or things they need to do in order to keep functioning. Since I wasn't getting my needs met, my body was mentally and emotionally starting to shut down. Did I mention she has a degree in Psychology? Anyway, so now my job is to sort out everything she said to me and start realizing and putting into practise how I am going to survive the next three months. It's a good exercise to mentally sort through what are your individual needs. An example of one of mine is physical touch. I need hugs. Seriously. I've started to be more aware of the fact that my body notices when it's not being touched. We are sexual beings (read sexgod by Rob Bell for more about sexuality) and touching is a huge part of childhood and I think it needs to carry on through adolescence. All that to say, I need hugs. This same teacher last year (grade 12) watched me make a list of my needs so some of these things have been bouncing around in my head for over a year now. My encouragement: make a list of your needs. Be specific. What do you need from who (spouse, kids, friends, parents, school, living conditions, etc)?

I have decided to put a song of the day up everytime I post. It will most likely be a song i've heard during the day that has struck me. Or an alltime favourite. Or simply good music. Hopefully you will give it a listen.

Song of the day:
The Shade of Poision Trees by Dashboard Confessional

No comments: